A graduate of the University of Miami, where he studied finance, Thomas Avellino has served New Jersey-based MJ Partners Group since 2004. Further to his work, Thomas Avellino contributes to the Bronx Zoo, which the Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) oversees.
WCS membership offers free entry into each of the zoos it operates, including the Bronx Zoo, Central Park Zoo, and New York Aquarium, for one year. Prospective members have three options available to them when joining:
1. On-site: Prospective members may visit the admissions booth at a WCS zoo to obtain membership using credit cards or cash. However, the zoo will not refund the parking charge incurred on the day the membership begins.
2. Phone: Calling (718) 220-5112 between 9 am and 5 pm on Monday through Saturday puts the caller through to the WCS membership office, where they may apply for membership over the phone. Those using this method receive confirmation emails within 24 hours of the call.
3. Online: By visiting www.wcs.org, an individual can register as a WCS member and receive a printable temporary membership card for use as he or she waits for the permanent card.
A resident of New Jersey, Thomas Avellino works as an intermediary for investment brokers and those who are engaged in private investment partnerships. Mr. Avellino is also a very well respected retirement advisors who develops well diversified, secure retirement plans using uncorrelated yet complimentary asset classes. Laying the foundation for his career, Thomas Avellino obtained his degree in finance from the University of Miami.
The Department of Finance at the University of Miami strives to provide its students with the values that they will need to lead successful careers in financial management. Through the undergraduate program, individuals can pursue a bachelor of science in business administration or a bachelor of business administration. Students in these programs must complete a total of 18 credits within the Department of Finance as well as three additional credits.
Students may not obtain their degrees if they do not complete three required courses on financial management, investments, and finance basics. Those who fulfill the requirements of these courses may take several electives, two of which must be 400-level or higher. When choosing electives, students may select between a number of courses, including Pure Risk Management and Analysis with Financial Software.
The University of Miami sought to further supplement the education of its finance students by adding several new courses during the 2015-2016 school year. Undergraduates can now take courses that help them cultivate knowledge about mergers and acquisitions and venture capital, among other topics.
Thomas Avellino is a finance professional who holds a degree in Finance from the University of Miami. Currently, Thomas Avellino serves as a managing general partner for MJ Partners Group in New Jersey. Outside of his professional work, Mr. Avellino supports charitable organizations such as the Wildlife Conservation Society.
The Wildlife Conservation Society is a nonprofit organization headquartered in New York City. The organization works to conserve endangered regions and wildlife around the world, and also operates the Bronx Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo, Queens Zoo, Central Park Zoo, and the New York Aquarium. Donations to the society are tax exempt, and membership options include three categories.
– Premium Membership – available for families or individuals, this membership offers free premium attraction access as well as free parking.
– Basic Membership – also available for families and individuals, this membership tier offers free entry to society facilities.
– Conservation Membership – the highest membership tier, this membership includes free access to all five society facilities as well as free parking and premium attraction access.
Since 1995, Thomas Avellino has been managing private investment partnerships that have never experienced market losses. As managing general partner for firms based in Florida and New Jersey, Thomas Avellino is responsible for overseeing the formation and operations of such entities.
Partnerships are one of the most common business entities. They are formed when two or more persons engage in a common business for the purpose of making profit. The partners contribute capital, labor, and skill to the running and management of the partnership, and in turn, they share profits.
Forming a partnership involves drafting a partnership agreement to be filed with the relevant state authorities, often the Secretary of State’s office. The agreement details the business name and address, names of the partners, each partner’s individual shareholding, and how profits will be shared. After registration, the partners must obtain business licenses and permits before commencing operation. The licenses required will depend on individual state and municipal laws.
The advantages of forming a partnership include shared management, diversity of partners’ talents, and shared risk. The disadvantages include personal liability by partners for the partnership’s debts and shared profits.